In order to give users more control over when an app can access location information, developers are being asked to change the way permissions are asked for. We made this change in accordance with the Google Play store location policy so that agents can decide to enable or disable this setting easily.
For you, this means a new process when you open the app. You will be asked to allow location permissions when the app is running and when the app is in the background. ShowingTime does not share your location data.
When the app is running, we use it when you are searching for listings nearby for showings.
- You can select Deny to always prevent location tracking.
- If you select Only this time, you will be asked to select this option again when you next open the app.
- If you select While using the app, your location information is only used while the app is running.
In some markets, we use the data when the app is not running to tell the seller that you have left their property so that they can return home. This process only occurs when you are at a listing during the confirmed showing time. You can modify these permissions in the settings menu for your device.
- You can select Deny to always prevent location tracking in the background.
- If you select Allow only while using the app, your background location information is only used while the app is running.
- If you select Ask every time, you will be asked if you want to allow this app access to your location when you open the app.
- If you select Allow all the time, the ShowingTime app will be able to determine your location all the time.